CiraSync Enterprise Edition customers with large number of Exchange mailboxes can setup multiple Service Accounts to speed up the sync. For example, using a single Service Account to sync 1,000 user mailboxes can take up to 24 hours.
This guide shows how to set up the CiraSync configuration to use multiple service accounts.
Creating a Dedicated Service Account
- Launch the Office 365 Admin Portal.
- Click Admin to go to the Office 365 Admin Center.
- Click on Users> Active Users (See figure below.)
- Click Add a User, and fill in the required fields.
- Set the account with the Global Administrator. If you are syncing Public Folders, assign a license to the Service Account.
Designating Multiple Dedicated Service Accounts to use with CiraSync
- Open a new browser or incognito window when the account is created.
- Navigate to https://dashboard.cirasync.com.
- Log in to the portal with the newly created Service Account.
- Click Accept to allow CiraSync access to your tenant.
- Click on the account username on the upper-right corner of the CiraSync Dashboard.
- Click SETTINGS. (See figure below.)
- Click Service Account in the navigation panel on the left. The window will list all the Office 365 accounts that have signed in to the CiraSync dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Select the desired accounts to use as CiraSync service accounts.
- Click SAVE on the top-right corner of the dashboard.
Congratulations, you have successfully set your CiraSync tenant to use multiple service accounts for faster syncing! If you have more questions, please check out our Technical FAQ and the following technical articles listed below.