Last Updated on June 2, 2023
This policy applies to information we collect on this website; in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website; through our mobile and desktop applications and other non-browser interaction between you and Cira Sync.
This policy does not apply to information collected by: third party websites or API’s that may link to or be accessible through the use of our website or products that We do not have control over. Please refer to those third party privacy policies.
We may update the Policy from time to time, so please check in occasionally. Our goal is to provide a Company Policy that is transparent in how we handle your information.
1. Information We Collect
At the Website or through our applications, you may choose to provide the Company with information about yourself which is personally identifiable information. The term personally identifiable information means information that is collected in connection with your name, such as your address, email, phone number, credit card information, and shipment information (“Personal Information”). Your use of the Website or our applications may also entail you providing information that is not Personal Information, meaning that such information is not connected to your name and is, therefore, anonymous information which does not identify and cannot be reasonably used to identify an individual Website user. It is your choice whether to provide us with Personal Information and the provision of such Personal Information is not required when visiting the Website. Therefore, if you provide us with Personal Information, such as by asking to be put on our mailing list, we may contact you from time to time.
- Billing: we collect Personal Information related to transactions and customer accounts. This Personal Information is stored in two places for billing purposes:
- Authorize.NET is a PCI compliant credit card merchant gateway which may store your credit card information. This information is necessary to process refunds. You can read more about Authorize.Net on their website at: https://www.authorize.net/company/privacy/.
- We use OAuth to allow customers to log in without sharing their passwords. You can read more information about OAuth on its website at https://oauth.net. Logins are verified against Azure AD.
2. How We Collect Your Information
- Advertisers and third parties may also collect information about your activity on our Website and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our Website and on third-party sites and applications but does not identify you personally and is not associated with your registration account.
- As you enter our Website, we capture and retain the IP address of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device.
3. How We Use Your Information
The Company may use information provided by you on the Website for the following purposes:
- To present our products and services to you.
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Website or changes to our policies.
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
- Personalize content and experiences.
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Website and on third-party sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations. CiraSync is a cloud-hosted service that syncs Microsoft 365 contacts and calendars to smartphones. It resides in the Microsoft Azure Cloud and is tightly integrated with Microsoft 365. For more information about how Microsoft safeguards data, visit https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/trust-center/. CiraSync does not move customer data via the Internet. Each server is protected with its own firewall. Although CiraSync caches and logs some data to optimize the performance of our service, the cache or data logging persists for up to 30 days after which it is purged.
- The Company or Website may use your information to create and/or calculate aggregated statistical information for purposes of improving our services. This data does not contain Personal Information, such as name or email address. An example might be location data or information that might be used to improve our user experience.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
4. Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
Personal Information about our customers is important to us, and we do not share or sell this Personal Information to others. We share customer Personal Information only as set forth below and with subsidiaries that the Company controls or a parent company of and that are either subject to this Policy or that follow practices that are at least as restrictive as those described in this Policy.
- Internal Process/Employees. Company allows a very limited number of employees to have access to your Personal Information. These employees are trained on our security practices and are deeply committed to maintaining your privacy. They are authorized to access your account information on an as-needed basis to provide technical or billing support, or at your request.
- Business Transactions and Partner Companies. Company will never disclose or sell your Personal Information to any third parties, including partners. We will never use client or user information for any purposes other than to provide the contracted services or to keep you apprised of promotions. You are free to unsubscribe from promotional emails at any time. However, opting out of certain free services may also reduce functionality.
- Exceptions to Sharing Information. Exceptions to sharing your Personal Information include when the customer provides direct permission, or ·to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from offers from us and promotions for our products.
- You may choose whether we share your Personal Information with other companies, so they can you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics, and other service providers.
- You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and that we amend or delete such information.
You may exercise your controls and choices, request access to your Personal Information, or ask questions about your Personal Information by contacting us at 202-747-0888 or use our Contact Us form on our website, by updating your user profile, or by following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products to you and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
6. Security Measures
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your Personal Information is extremely important to us.
We take all commercially reasonable and appropriate measures to secure your Personal Information and have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and processed using the latest state of the art security technologies.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website or through our applications, you are responsible for keeping this password or login information confidential. We ask you not to share your password or access credentials with anyone. Information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or through our applications. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that Personal Information will remain secure in all circumstances.
7. How We Communicate with You
If you have any questions about our Policy, you can contact us at 202-747-0888 or use our Contact Us form on our website. If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your Personal Information, we may do so by email, telephone or mail.
8. External API Policy
When you use our applications, We may collect your device ID, authentication and profile data and send it to a different application programming interface (API). This information is needed to send information back and forth to the device through the application. The core functionality and capability of the application is synchronization of data from one or more sources to one or more targets and thus the information collected and used is integral to the proper functioning of the services provided.
9. Google API Limited Use Disclosure
“Cira Apps Limited’s use and transfer of information received from google apis to any other app will adhere to google api services user data policy, including the limited use requirements.”
Acquire’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Service User Data Policy, including the Limited Use Requirements.
The Company is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the internet safe. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 or 16 years of age. No one under age 13 or16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or through any of our products. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or 16. If you are under 13 or 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, [or provide any information about yourself to us, including, but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 or 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 or 16, please contact us at 202-747-0888 or use our Contact Us form at https://cirasync.com/contact-us/.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
11. Changes to This Policy
12. Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request a notice regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by the Company to partners for the partners’ direct marketing purpose. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us at 202-747-0888 or use our Contact Us form on our website.
13. California Do Not Track Disclosures
We do not track our users and visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Consequently, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Other third-party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.