Keep emergency teams connected with automatically synced shared contacts, calendars, and sticky notes to smartphones.
Cira Apps supports Emergency Organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic with a 180-day free subscription (no contract, no credit card) of CiraSync.
Up-and-running smartphone communications can mean the difference between life and death (or undeath). How do you make sure it all works?
Whether you’re bolstering communications for real-life wildfires or a possible zombie apocalypse (as depicted in TV’s highest-rated show The Walking Dead) there are certain things a private company needs to do to make sure their workforce isn’t reduced to a bunch of Whisperers.
“CiraSync ensures organizations are able to reach the right personnel quickly on their company smartphones in the event of disasters,” said Cira Apps founder and CTO, Vern Weitzman. “That’s handy, whether the emergency is wildfires, earthquakes or zombies.”
Cira Apps places a high value on the rapid movement of correct contact information—because the alternative isn’t pretty.
Weitzman identified 6 ways CiraSync can help build real resilience across departments in government institutions and large enterprises, in any kind of biting or non-biting emergency. After all, companies that can send office-wide messages and updates in seconds tend to recover from a crisis faster.
- Keep contacts organized at all times. Have a system for employees or HR to periodically validate their ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact details. Every employee needs to instantly be able to identify and prioritize incoming calls from authoritative sources. Real-time accuracy of contact information may prove key, if it means instant delivery of wide-scale Continuity of Operations/ Disaster Recovery broadcasts via third-party notification systems.
- Keep your communications in the Cloud. On-premise servers are far more vulnerable than hardened data centers protected by sentries with guard dogs.
- Accurate and up-to-date emergency plan documents and external contact lists are delivered to smartphones.
- Enable broadcast and/ or employee-to-employee communication via alternative methods. For example, your network can facilitate communications via SMS, PIN-to-PIN or even PTT channels.
- High locatability so you can always receive a call from a colleague, using always-on processes and high network resilience
- Conform to organization privacy standards and protect employee data by managing privileges and access to contacts with a single global administrator.
When disaster strikes your organization, it’s unlikely to be apocalyptic in scale. That’s why total synchronization of information will help you protect every possible asset—and prevent the zombification of your company.