This guide shows how to do the following:
- Add phone number extensions to Outlook Contact items.
- Sync phone numbers with extensions using CiraSync so users in your tenant can call these numbers with the extension already dialed.
Adding Phone Numbers with Extensions to Outlook Contacts
- Log in to either Outlook Desktop or Outlook on the web. In this example, use Outlook Desktop.
- Click the People icon at the bottom of the left-hand navigation panel to go to People View.
- Select the Contact Folder with the desired contact.
- Right-click the contact you want to edit.
- Click Edit Contact. (See figure below.)
- Click one of the drop-down arrows that isn’t for Business under Phone numbers.
- Select Business 2.
- Input the inbound number in the Business
- Input the inbound number+,,,,+extension in Business 2. (See figure below.)
- Click Save & Close at the top-left corner of the window.
Syncing Phone Number with Extensions with CiraSync
- Log in to the CiraSync dashboard.
- Click the username in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click SETTINGS. (See figure below.)
- Click Contact Fields.
- Scroll down to BusinessPhone and BusinessPhone2.
- Check Overwrite and Clear in both rows.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.)
- Click the CiraSync logo to return to the tenant dashboard.
- Check Update Cache under the Sync Status pane.
- Click SYNC NOW. (See figure below.)