When upgrading to CiraSync Enterprise Edition, a dedicated service account with the Global Administrator Role is required. However, after signing in to the CiraSync Enterprise Edition for the first time, the service account can be demoted by assigning the service account a custom role. This will not affect CiraSync functionality.
- Log in to the Office 365 Global Administrator portal.
- Click Admin under Apps to go to the Admin Center.
- Click Users > Active Users. (See figure below.)
- Click the service account you would like to demote.
- Click on Edit in the Roles row. (See figure below.)
- Click the circle next to Customized Administrator.
- Check the box next to role of your choice. In this example, the account is demoted to Service Administrator.
- Click Save. (See figure below.)
Congratulations, you have learned how to assign a Custom Admin Role to the CiraSync Service Account!
For more quick answers to technical questions, check out our Technical FAQ and the technical articles listed below:
More Technical Articles
- Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365
- Setting up a CiraSync Tenant to Use Multiple Service Accounts
- Making CiraSync to Use a Specific Service Account