After you have implemented GAL or Public Folder Sync, you may want to go back and optimize some security settings. For example, it is best to setup a dedicated service account and lock it down. No team member should use the service account interactively.
Instead, each team member should logon from their desktop using their personal Office 365 user identity. They may not need access to the full dashboard and they certainly don’t need to be a Global Admin to manage CiraSync.
Roles Based Administration
In the example shown below, I will walk through the steps to enable CiraSync Roles Based Administration for access to the Enterprise Edition dashboard.
Start by accessing the system dialog — click on the photo thumbnail (1) in the top right corner of the dashboard.
After the system dialog appears, click the settings (2) button.
The system panel is now displayed. Click the Manage Roles (3) menu and than choose the EDIT button (4) to add users to the access list.
Your Global Address should appear. You can search for a specific user or group. When you find the object you wish, select it (5). We recommend using GAL groups when possible. After your selection is made, click the SAVE (6) button.
Now you will see your selection in the access list (7). In most cases, you will want to make all users a Full Administrator on the CiraSync dashboard so make sure the checkbox (8) is ticked.
You can also add additional entries to the access list with different roles.
Last, ask one of your designated users to login to https://dashboard.cirasync.com and verify that their dashboard access matches the settings you have made.
Here is a brief definition of the possible roles:
- Full Administrator – no restrictions, access to all CiraSync dashboard operations and settings.
- Dashboard View Only – read only access to the dashboard.
- Contact List Manager – Ability to create, edit and delete contact lists, calendars and notes.
- Collection Manager – Ability to create, edit and delete contact collections.
- User Manager – Add users (grant them a license), delete users, run a sync task on a specific mailbox, or the entire tenant.
- Billing Administrator – can review existing licenses, request a sales quote, pay for an existing sales quote, renew and make new purchases.