A contact group (formerly known as a distribution list) is a group of mail recipients. In Outlook, contact groups allow users to send mass emails without individually adding the recipients in the To and the BCC fields.
This guide shows how to create a contact group in Outlook.
- Launch Outlook Desktop.
- Click the People Outlook will switch to People View.
- Click New Contact Group. The Contact Group Creation Window will open. (See figure below.)
- Click Add Members in the ribbon. A drop-down of contact sources will appear. (See figure below.)
- Select the contact source option from the drop-down. In this example, the contact group will be made up of Outlook Contacts. The Address Book/Contacts Window will appear. (See figure below.)
- Search for the user(s)/user group(s) to add to the contact group.
- Double-click the username/group name to add.
- Click OK. (See figure below.)
- Name the contact group. In this example, the contact group is called Cira Apps Marketing Team.
- Click Save & Close. (See figure below.)