This guide shows how to sync iCalendars to Outlook- and Exchanged-enabled smartphones with CiraSync. However, if your Calendars are Outlook Web App Links instead of iCalendars, check out how to convert them to iCalendar attachments with this article.
- Log in to the Dashboard.
- Click the + in the Calendars pane.
- Select Internet Calendar as the Calendar Source type. You will be taken to STEP 1: Enter calendar URL. (See figure below.)
- Provide the desired iCalendar link in the space provided. You will be taken to STEP 2: Choose target mailboxes. (See figure below.)
- Select the desired users to use as the sync target. NOTE: A target can be a single user, All Mailboxes and/or All Contacts, a Contact Collection, or a Dynamic Distribution Group. To use a Contact Collection as a sync target, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the desired Collection as the sync target. For this example, a single user will be used as the target.
- Click You will be taken to STEP 3: Specify calendar options. (See figure below.)
- Provide a name for the Calendar sync configuration
- Click the + next to Calendar for the synced Calendar to show up as a subfolder in target user mailboxes. Skip to the next step for the Calendar events to appear as part of the main Calendar folder in target user mailboxes.
- Click the slider next to Sync reminders to sync Outlook Calendar Event reminders to users. Skip to Step 8 if this feature is unnecessary.
- Use the sliders on the number lines under Sync appointments in range to customize the Calendar sync.NOTE: The negative values indicate how long CiraSync will retain any past events before purging them. The positive values indicate the time frame of future events to sync.
- By default, CiraSync will remove an event from the targeted mailbox if it is removed from the Source. In case you would like to allow users to keep these obsolete items, check Retain obsolete items.
- New features were added to Ignore user changes to Show As field and Sync events with Show As set to Free.
- By default, private items from the Source Calendar will be synced to the targeted mailbox. Check the box to Omit private items.
- By default, the body field of the event from the Source Calendar will be synced to the targeted mailbox. Check Omit event body field to not sync it.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.)
You will be taken to the sync summary Dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Click the blue back arrow to return to the home Dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache Box under the Sync Status
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)