In Microsoft Outlook, it is easy to share Contacts in a mailbox; however, it is not so easy to share that contact folder with smartphones. With CiraSync Enterprise Edition, you can sync Contacts and Calendars from a User/Shared Mailbox to any number of users in your Office 365 tenant.
This guide shows how CiraSync Enterprise Edition can sync Microsoft Exchange mailboxes to an entire Office 365 Tenant!
Before You Start
This guide assumes that a dedicated Service Account with Impersonation Mode has been set for your Office 365 Tenant. Without an administrator account with Application Impersonation, CiraSync will be unable to push Contacts and Calendars updates to user mailboxes. Check out the following articles to learn how to set up a dedicated Service Account with the appropriate permissions for your Tenant and then return here to learn how to sync User/Shared Mailboxes with CiraSync Enterprise Edition:
- Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365
- Setting Impersonation Mode to Sync to User Mailboxes
- Making CiraSync Use a Specific Office 365 Service Account
This guide also assumes that a Collection was created as a Target prior to creating a Contact List. Check out the following article to learn how to set up Collections:
Creating CiraSync Contact Collections
- Log in to the CiraSync Dashboard.
- Click + in the Contact Lists (See figure below.)
- Select Shared Mailbox as the Contact source type. (See figure below.) You will be taken to STEP 1: Select a Private Folder on the CiraSync Dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Select the User/Shared Mailbox to use as the sync source. You will see a hierarchy of folders in it.
- Click Contacts or the appropriate subfolder.
- Click NEXT in the top-right corner of the Dashboard. (See figure below.) You will be taken to STEP 2: Choose Target Mailboxes on the CiraSync Dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Select the User Contact that you would like to use as a Target.NOTE: If you would like to use a Contact Collection as a sync target, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the Collection you would like to use as the sync target.
- Click NEXT in the top-right corner of the Dashboard. (See figure below.) You will be taken to STEP 3: Specify Contact List options. (See figure below.)
- Enter a Contact List name in the box under Provide Contact List Name.NOTE: The Contact List name will be added as a category for each Contact synced by CiraSync.
- Check Populate Outlook Auto-Complete List if you want these sync Contacts appear in the Outlook Auto-Complete list.
- Check Sync Contact Groups if you have groups in the Contact List and would like to sync members of that group.
- By default, CiraSync will remove a Contact from the targeted mailbox if it is removed from the Source. In case you would like to allow Users to keep these obsolete items, check Retain obsolete items
- In case you would like to omit syncing the Notes field from the Source’s Contact to the targeted mailbox’s Contact, then check Omit notes field.
- Click + next to Contacts if you would like to sync these Contacts to a new subfolder.NOTE: If you would like to sync these Contacts to your main Contacts folder, then skip to Step 14.
- Click + next to Contacts if you would like to sync these Contacts to a new subfolder.NOTE: If you would like to sync these Contacts to your main Contacts folder, then skip to Step 17.
- Enter the preferred name of your subfolder.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.)You will be taken to the sync summary Dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Click the CiraSync icon in the top-left corner of the window to return to the CiraSync home Dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache box under the Sync Status pane in the top-right corner of the Dashboard.
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)
Next article: Syncing Shared Calendars to Smartphones with CiraSync Enterprise Edition