This guide shows how to sync Public Folder Notes to smartphones with CiraSync Enterprise Edition.
Before You Start
This guide assumes that a dedicated service account with Impersonation Mode has been set for your CiraSync tenant. Without an administrator account with Application Impersonation, CiraSync will be unable to push contact and calendar updates to user mailboxes. Furthermore, the dedicated service account must have the following permissions: A Microsoft Exchange license (Office 365: Kiosk for $2.00 per month or Microsoft F1 (or Plan 1) for $4.00 per month) and Reviewer permissions in the Public Folder. Check out the following articles to learn how to set up a dedicated service account with the appropriate permissions for your tenant and then return here to learn how to sync Public Folder Notes with CiraSync Enterprise Edition:
- Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365
- Setting Impersonation Mode to Sync to User Mailboxes
- Making CiraSync Use a Specific Office 365 Service Account
- Log in to the CiraSync home dashboard.
- Click the + in the Notes pane to begin creating a sync tunnel. (See figure below.)
- Select Public Folder as the source type. (See figure below.) You will be taken to STEP 1: Select Public Folder. (See figure below.)
- Select the Public Folder Sticky Notes you would like to sync.
- Click NEXT. You will be taken to STEP 2: Choose target mailboxes. (See figure below.)
- Select the user mailboxes you would like to use as the target for the sync.NOTE: To sync to a Contact Collection, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the desired collection to use as the sync target.
- Click NEXT. You will be taken to Step 3: Specify note list options. (See figure below.)
- Provide a name for the Public Folder Note.
- Click the + next to Notes and provide a name to sync the Public Folder Note to a subfolder. Skip to Step 9 for the Public Folder Notes to appear in the main Notes folder in target user mailboxes.
- Click SAVE. You will be taken to the sync summary page. (See figure below.)
- Click the blue back arrow to return to the CiraSync tenant dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache box under the Sync Status pane in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)