This guide shows how to use CiraSync Enterprise Edition (EE) to sync Public Folder Contact Lists to one or more users in your Office 365 tenant. If you are an on-premise Exchange user, check out the itrezzo solution!
Before You Start
The following procedure assumes you are a CiraSync EE user with a dedicated service account that has the appropriate permissions. If you have yet to do that, please check out the articles listed below and then return here to learn how to sync Public Folder Contact Lists with CiraSync EE:
- Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365
- Upgrading to CiraSync Enterprse Edition
- Log in to the CiraSync tenant dashboard.
- Click the + in the Contact Lists (See figure below.)
- Select Public Folder as the contact source. (See figure below.)You will be taken to STEP 1: Select Public Folder. (See figure below.)
- Select the Public Folder Contact List you want to sync to your users.
- Click NEXT. (See figure below.) You will be taken to STEP 2: Choose target mailboxes. (See figure below.)
- Select the user mailboxes you would like to use as the target for the sync. NOTE: If you would like to use a Contact Collection as the sync target, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the collection you would like as the sync target.
- Click NEXT. (See figure below.)You will be taken to STEP 3: Specify contact list options. (See figure below.)
- Check Sync Contact Groups if you have groups in the Public Folder Contact List and would like to sync members of that group.
- Check Populate Outlook Auto-Complete List if you want these sync contacts appear in the Outlook Auto-Complete list.
- Click the + next to NOTE: If you would like to sync these contacts to the main Contacts folder, then skip to Step 12.
- Name the subfolder.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.)
- You will be taken to the sync summary page. (See figure below.)
- Click the CiraSync logo to return to the CiraSync home dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache box under the Sync Status pane in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)
Congratulations, you have learned how to use CiraSync Enterprise Edition to sync Public Folder Contact Lists!
For more quick answers to technical questions, check out our Technical FAQ and the technical articles listed below:
More Technical Articles
- Creating and Sharing Public Folder Contact Lists with Outlook Desktop
- Creating and Sharing a Public Folder Calendar with Outlook
- Syncing the Global Address List to Outlook- or Exchange-enabled Devices
Useful Blog Reads