This guide provides institutions on how to sync Salesforce contacts to smartphones using CiraSync.
For other CRMs, such as HubSpot, Mailchimp, and 170 other apps, you can use the PieSync connector with CiraSync to automatically sync CRM contacts to smartphones. Learn more in this article: Syncing HubSpot CRM Contacts to Smartphones.
If you are an on-premise Exchange user, learn how to sync Salesforce contacts on itrezzo.
Before You Start
Before you can sync Salesforce Contacts, you will need to have purchased the following:
- Either Salesforce Enterprise or Professional Edition. This will allow CiraSync to read Salesforce contact data.
- The Salesforce Connector that was available when you purchased your CiraSync licenses. If you have an active CiraSync license and would like to use CiraSync to sync Salesforce contacts, contact our Customer Success Team at [email protected].
A dedicatedwith Impersonation Mode has to be set up for your CiraSync to sync Salesforce contacts. Use the following instructions to set up a dedicated service account with the appropriate permissions and then return here to learn how to use Salesforce sync:
- Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365
- Setting Impersonation Mode to Sync to User Mailboxes
- Making CiraSync Use a Specific Office 365 Service Account
- Log in to the CiraSync tenant dashboard.
- Click the + in the Contact Lists pane.
- Click Salesforce. (See figure below.)
- Select the Salesforce user you would like to use as a . You will be taken to STEP 1: Select Salesforce items. (See figure below.)
- Click NEXT. You will be taken to STEP 2: Choose mailboxes. (See figure below.)
- Select the user you would like to use as the target. NOTE: If you would like to use aas a sync target, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the collection you would like to use as the sync target.
- Click NEXT. You will be taken to STEP 3: Specify contact list options. (See figure below.)
- Enter the name you would like to use for this contact list in the box under Provide Contact List Name.
- Check Populate if you want these sync contacts appear in the Outlook Auto-Complete list.
- Click the + next to Contacts to create a subfolder to sync the contact list to.Skip to the next step if you want to sync to the default Contacts Folder.
- Check the box next to Merge existing only, don’t add contacts to the merged set if you want to merge contacts that exist in both Salesforce and the default Contacts folder. CiraSync will only merge contacts with the same email address. Skip to Step 9 if this does not apply to you.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.) You will be taken to the sync summary dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Click the blue back arrow to return to the CiraSync tenant dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache box under the Sync Status pane in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)