Salesforce lacks a way to automatically sync CRM contacts (customers, vendors, and prospects) to smartphones with Outlook. With the CiraSync SaaS platform, you can sync contacts from Salesforce to business smartphones so that employees have current and updated CRM contacts on their smartphones. This guide shows how to sync Salesforce contacts to smartphones using CiraSync.
For other CRMs, such as HubSpot, Mailchimp, and 170 other apps, you can leverage the PieSync connector with CiraSync to automatically sync CRM contacts to smartphones. If you are interested in learning more about how CiraSync handles CRM contact sync, check out the resources listed below:
- Financial Firm Uses CiraSync to Automatically Sync Salesforce Contacts
- Syncing HubSpot CRM Contacts to Smartphones
- Supercharge CRM Syncs with CiraSync and PieSync
- Video: Sync the GAL and the Public Folder with CiraSync and PieSync
If you are an on-premise Exchange user, learn how to sync Salesforce contacts on itrezzo.
Before You Start
Before you can sync Salesforce Contacts, you need to have purchased the Salesforce Connector option when you purchased your CiraSync licenses. If you have an active CiraSync license and would like to use CiraSync to sync Salesforce contacts, contact our Customer Success Team at [email protected].
- Log in to the CiraSync dashboard.
- Click the + in the Contact Lists pane.
- Click Salesforce. (See figure below.)
- Select the Salesforce user you would like to use as a source. You will be taken to STEP 1: Select Salesforce items. (See figure below.)
- Click NEXT. You will be taken to STEP 2: Choose Target mailboxes. (See figure below.)
- Select the user you would like to use as the target. NOTE: If you would like to use a Contact Collection as a sync target, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the collection you would like to use as the sync target.
- Click NEXT. You will be taken to STEP 3: Specify contact list options. (See figure below.)
- Enter the name you would like to use for this contact list in the box under Provide Contact List Name.
- Check Populate Outlook Auto-Complete List if you want these sync contacts appear in the Outlook Auto-Complete list.
- Click the + next to Contacts to create a subfolder to sync the contact list to. NOTE: Skip to Step 10 if you want to sync to the default Contacts Folder.
- Check the box next to Merge existing only, don’t add contacts to the merged set if you want to merge duplicate contacts. NOTE: CiraSync will only merge contacts with the same email address.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.)
- Click the CiraSync logo to return to the CiraSync home dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache box under the Sync Status pane in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)
Congratulations, you have successfully synced your Salesforce contacts to user devices with CiraSync!
For more quick answers to technical questions, check out our Technical FAQ and the articles listed below: