If a coworker calls your mobile phone, you may not recognize the phone number. Even though you can look them up in the Global Address List (GAL), their Caller ID won’t display a name or photo because they are not in your contacts. To take advantage of Caller ID when a coworker calls, you will want to sync the GAL to the Contacts folder of your Exchange Mailbox.
This guide shows CiraSync Enterprise Edition users how to run a GAL Sync using the CiraSync dashboard. If you are not a CiraSync Enterprise Edition user and would like to learn more about it, please read our Enterprise Edition FAQ.
If you are an on-premise Exchange user, check out the itrezzo solution!
Before You Start
This guide assumes that a dedicated service account with Impersonation Mode has been set for your CiraSync tenant. Without an administrator account with Application Impersonation, CiraSync will be unable to push contact and calendar updates to user mailboxes. Check out the following articles to learn how to set up a dedicated service account with the appropriate permissions for your tenant and then return here to learn how to sync the GAL with CiraSync Enterprise Edition:
- Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365
- Setting Impersonation Mode to Sync to User Mailboxes
- Making CiraSync Use a Specific Office 365 Service Account
- Log in to the CiraSync tenant dashboard.
- Click the + in the Contact Lists. (See figure below.)
- Select the contact source type. For this example, we will use Global Address List as the contact source. (See figure below.)
You will be taken to STEP 1: Select Active Directory Items on the CiraSync dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Select the desired contact sources. In this example, we will use All Mailboxes and All Contacts.
- Click the NEXT button on the top-right corner. (See figure below.)
You will be taken to the STEP 2: Choose target mailboxes window. (See figure below.)
- Select the user contact you would like to use as a target.
- Click NEXT on the top-right corner. (See figure below.)NOTE: If you would like to use a Contact Collection as a sync target, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the collection you would like to use as the sync target.
You will be taken to STEP 3: Specify contact list options. (See figure below.)
- Name the contact list in the box under Provide Contact List Name.NOTE: The contact list name will be added as a category for each contact synced by CiraSync.
- Check Sync Contact Groups if you have groups in the contact list and would like to sync members of that group.
- Check Populate Outlook Auto-Complete List if you want these sync contacts appear in the Outlook Auto-Complete list.
- Click the + next to Contacts.NOTE: If you would like to sync these contacts to your main Contacts folder, then skip to Step 13.
- Enter the preferred name of your subfolder.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.)
You will be taken to the sync summary dashboard. (See figure below.)
- Click the CiraSync icon in the top-left corner of the window to return to the CiraSync home dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache box under the Sync Status pane in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)