Read the instructions or check out the video below to learn how to sync shared calendars with CiraSync Enterprise Edition (EE):
Before You Start
This guide assumes that a dedicated service account with Impersonation Mode has been set for your CiraSync tenant. Without an administrator account with Application Impersonation, CiraSync will be unable to push contact and calendar updates to user mailboxes. Check out the following articles to learn how to set up a dedicated service account with the appropriate permissions for your tenant and then return here to learn how to sync shared calendars with CiraSync Enterprise Edition:
- Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365
- Setting Impersonation Mode to Sync to User Mailboxes
- Making CiraSync Use a Specific Office 365 Service Account
- Log in to the CiraSync home dashboard.
- Click the + in the Calendar (See figure below.)
- Select Shared Mailbox as the source. (See figure below.) You will be taken to STEP 1: Select Private Folder.
- Select the user mailbox source. You will see a hierarchy of folders in the user mailbox.
- Select the desired calendar to use as the sync source. In this example, the main Calendars folder is the source.
- Click NEXT. (See figure below.) You will be taken to STEP 2: Choose target mailboxes.
- Select the desired user mailbox(es) who will receive the synced calendar.NOTE: To use a Contact Collection as a sync target, click the COLLECTIONS tab and select the desired collection as the sync target.
- Click NEXT. You will be taken to STEP 3: Specify calendar options. (See figure below.)
- Provide a name for the calendar.
- Click the + next to Calendar for the synced calendar to show up as a subfolder in target user mailboxes. Skip to the next step for the synced calendar events to appear as part of the main calendar folder in target user mailboxes.
- Click the slider next to Sync reminders to sync Outlook Calendar Event reminders to users. Skip to Step 10 if this feature is unnecessary.
- Use the sliders on the number lines under Sync appointments in range to customize the calendar sync.NOTE: The negative values indicate how long CiraSync will retain any past events before purging them. The positive values indicate the time frame of future events to sync.
- Click SAVE. (See figure below.) You will be taken to the sync summary dashboard.(See figure below.)
- Click the blue back arrow to return to the home dashboard.
- Check the Update Cache Box under the Sync Status pane.
- Click SYNC NOW to run a manual sync. (See figure below.)