This guide shows how to make CiraSync to use a specific Office 365 Service Account.
Before You Start
This guide assumes you are a CiraSync Enterprise Edition user and have created a service account with the Application Impersonation Role. If you are a Personal Edition user and would like to learn more about CiraSync Enterprise Edition, please check out our Enterprise Edition FAQ.
If you have not created a dedicated service account, create one using the instructions found in Setting up a Dedicated Service Account for CiraSync in Office 365 and then return to this procedure.
- Log in to the CiraSync Enterprise Edition dashboard.
- Click the account username on the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click SETTINGS. (See figure below.)
- Click Service Account.
- Check the box next to the specific account you would like to use as the main service account for CiraSync sync tasks. NOTE: If the desired service account is not listed in the Dashboard, that means the account has not been used to log in to the CiraSync Dashboard. To be able to set the CiraSync configuration to use a specific service account for sync tasks, the service account needs to have logged into the CiraSync Dashboard at least once.
- Click SAVE in the top-right corner of the Dashboard. (See figure below.)
Congratulations, you have just set the CiraSync configuration to use a specific Office 365 Service Account for performing sync tasks and dashboard administration. Now, anyone user with the Full Administrator role can log in to the CiraSync Dashboard and manage CiraSync configurations for all users.